Indulge me for a moment as I pretend I'm some kind of foodie blogger. This is a picture of the awesome dinner I made tonight(see recipe below from my friend Jessica Quensar). I was so proud of myself and so excited to enjoy a nice meal together with my family. Well, at least 1.5 of us enjoyed it.
Greg's flight home from a day in Houston was delayed 3 hours so he was stuck eating airport food at Houston Hobby. My older two darlings, in typical darling form, of course were not so cooperative. The eldest choked down the required 5 bites before being excused to go to bed half full. Number 2 literally gagged and spit out his 3rd bite. So much for all my hopes and dreams that THIS was finally the meal they would enjoy.
However, darling number 3 and I enjoyed a lovely meal and time together at the table which included this picture of #3 finally learning to let the laws of gravity work for him and sippy cup.
This morning I felt like such a good little mama when the kids and I made these scratch bran muffins. This time they ate up! I guess they were hungry from last night.
1 lb bowtie pasta, cooked
1 10 oz bag fresh spinach
1 cup craisins
3 cans mandarine oranges
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
1 cup honey roasted peanuts
1 can chopped water chestnuts
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
Mix altogether, set aside some dressing if too much.So yummy! Dressing:
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup white wine vinegar
4 T. sugar (I used stevia for half)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 comments:
Thanks for the recipes! Cute pictures and great job on the layout!! :)
That's the routine at my house anytime I make a nice dinner (minus my husband being stuck in Houston.) Surely they'll outgrow it, right?
ds yummy! I will have to try this one!! And dont worry, my kids do the same thing with food and dinner...makes me sooo mad!! (;
Post a Comment