Sunday, October 12, 2008

Jerusalem Reunion

I just returned from an incredible weekend in Utah where I attended my 10 year Jerusalem reunion. Back in 1998 I spent almost 4 months living at The Jerusalem Center for Near Eastern Studies as a Brigham Young University student. As you can imagine... it was the experience of a life time! I would just like to thank my parents for supporting me on my semester abroad- for allowing me to go and for supplying the funds! Thanks, guys! I owe you so much money!


Anyway... we had a 10 year reunion in Utah so I went! Me and my little self went without kids or husband and spent two days hanging out with old friends, roommates and sisters-in-laws. I even ran into old flames and family members of old flames. All my worlds were majorly colliding! It was really fun though! I spend the first night with Annie Valentine Tintle, my dear friend and roommate after Israel. Everyone should check out her blog as she is hilarious and she is also a columnist for a newspaper. Here is the link:


Annie and I attended the reunion together which was very well attended and fun to see so many familiar faces. On a shallow note, it was so great to realize it wasn't just me who gained 15-20 lbs over there. Everyone was so skinny! Seriously! I was also really impressed that 4-5 couples who were our leaders also attended the reunion.


The next day I met up with Greg's two sisters who live in Utah for lunch at The Lion House. As always, wonderful conversation was had and a great chance to catch up. We then walked all over temple square enjoying the Fall weather and checking out all the sights.


Later in the afternoon my favorite roommate from BYU of two years, Alissa, picked me up and we had dinner with her hubby. Again, great conversation and so fun to catch up! Thanks, Alissa.


They then dropped me off at my Rotz grandparents house in West Jordan where I stayed the second night. When I showed up, my 80- something year old grandma and grandpa were engrossed in the BYU game and yelling at the TV just like we would do back home. They were great!


I headed home the next morning so rejuvinated, having loved every moment of time to me, myself and I. I didn't have to feed anyone or sleep on anyone else's schedule except my own. And as every mother can relate how nice that no one needed me to attend to their potty and daipering needs for two whole days! It was so nice to have a get away.


Shout out to granni and grandpa Perry for taking care of the kids during the days and to Greg for giving the "hall pass." Thanks, guys. I love you.


What a great chance to be reminded of so many fun memories... laughing with old friends about the pranks, pulled, the silly romances that blossomed abroad and the unbelievable adventures we had.

No comments: